Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Joined Zazzle, new features and 'Two Tulips' added

Well I figured I might as well expand my online reach a little bit more and signed up at Zazzle.com. For those of you unfamiliar with Zazzle, it is a venue for 'store owners' to upload designs which can be printed on various items and clothing on demand.  I will post a link once I've got my first store all set up and ready for visitors.

Meanwhile, I spent most of last weekend scanning various forgotten drawings and art that has been sitting in my portfolio case.  Much of it likely won't make it online, but some is worth preparing for upload.

I have decided to put less energy into maintaining my profile on Image Kind, since I have been reading in the forums that there is a genuine concern by members of a poorly designed internal search engine in place.  Even though IK offers high quality prints (some say among the best), this search issue is a problem since other unrelated images appear first a lot of the time (even if searching with the exact keywords).  As a free member it is doubly hard to get noticed since we are only allowed limited categorization and keywords and the poorest placement in the search hierarchy to start with.

I'm very content with maintaining Fine Art America, Red Bubble and The Untapped Source however :)

There are a few more features to mention since last week; 'Bono' got it's second feature on FFA yesterday in http://fineartamerica.com/groups/realistic-portraiture.html and 'Tillie' got her first feature on FAA today in http://fineartamerica.com/groups/shelter-dogs.html.  'John Lennon' has been featured four times since my last post (to view the groups, please see the links posted under the painting on the 'Paintings' page).

This morning I added 'Two Tulips', which is a 9" x 12" acrylic painting on canvas:

Tulip Flower original artwork


1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting. Vibrant and fresh. I really hope you have some luck with all those internet sites!

    ReplyDelete