Monday, April 18, 2011

Alright then!

It's finally coming together... I've joined three online artist communities in the past week!  Each one has different ways of setting up artist profiles, pricing structure and even how to navigate around the galleries as a member.  Lots of time has been spent just getting to know the sites and researching other art to see what was standard with pricing, because I really had no idea.

So far the best part has been discovering these great communities of creativity.  There is so much support amongst the artists and some truly beautiful and amazing art being produced to feel inspired and motivated by.

After setting up those three profiles and uploading what I had ready, I decided to redo my portfolio to include a link directly to the feature page for each individual artwork I've listed.  It was hours of work, but it is so much cooler than just linking to my profile or gallery page and there are fun ways to customize the look of the prints.

The previews are excellent on some, even the greeting cards look very cool.  I enjoy changing the frames and matte colors to see how that changes the look and feel of the art, (I probably lost a few hours experimenting with that over the past week at the various sites).  In the end I usually prefer the prints on canvas or board anyway - lol.

After uploading my revised website, I thought I'd take a short break and looked at Facebook.  It was then that I remembered the 'like' button.  I realized I needed a FB artist page if I truly want to keep this whole endeavor synced from the start.  (Twitter will have wait though, not much of a tweeter).

So instead of taking a break I created an artist FB page, got the code for the like button, posted it here and on my website, went back to FB, added a few photos, short bio, and then came over here to write about it and no one knows it exists yet, so I guess that's the next step...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment