Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Golf Ball and Tee Drawing For Dad

My father just celebrated his 80+? birthday (any time I ask, the answer is always 29 - which I know is impossible, but I let him think I believe - lol).  Golf is one of his favorite activities and he still plays often so I decided to draw this golf ball and tee for him.

I discovered drawing a golf ball is a lot harder than I originally thought - those little craters are very specific and about half way through I began to regret not mapping the ball out more accurately first instead of just eyeballing it.  Oh well, lesson learned for the next one and I'm happy enough with the way this turned out regardless :)

I glass framed the original drawing adding a dark green matte which cropped the sky and grass down to frame the ball and tee nicely and signed it for the occasion, but forgot to photograph it - doh!.  Here it is after scanning and maybe I will add a photo of the framed image to this post later.  

Color pencil drawing of golf ball and tee

One of the groups on Red Bubble is hosting a Father's Day card challenge so I added lettering in Photoshop and entered it.  I don't know how well it will do in the challenge, but I do know that golf has been synonymous with my father in my mind for as long as I can remember. I love you dad! xo

Original Father's Day color pencil drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment